Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!! | Photography Business

Yeah, I went there. My kids liked it, so I hoped you might, too. Or at least it makes you smile. Wait for it... wait for it... there! Yay:)


Well, yes, it is time for Dulce Light Photography to make some changes. Along with my wanting-to-slow-down theme, enjoy life, and focus on moments more, I realized I had to make some changes in this balancing act I'm doin'.  In trying to grow my business, work almost full time, raise 4 kids and play be wife, mom, daughter, sister I realize I'm about to drop one, if not all, these plates. And I don't want to. So I did some figuring and realized I could simplify a WHOLE lot of what I do. Like for instance, just posting the darn pictures from each session instead of taking the time to create a separate "blog collage" for each post! Duh! Can't believe it took me this long to figure THAT one out!  But any way...


Another change that I know will help a lot is a slight increase in prices. I know, my biggest goal in starting my own photography business was to provide "Truly Affordable Custom Portraiture." And I intend to keep it that way. But at $90 a session, with each session lasting 2-4 hours, plus time for editing, publishing and delivering the CD... I was doing a whole lot and still having to make up hours at my full time job. Therefore, it was taking me like 2 or more weeks to deliver a CD!  This is not cool, especially for you guys waiting and waiting for your family pics to be finished!  The only way I can remedy this is to increase prices just a bit. So starting in February, portrait session prices will increase as below:

Mini Sessions: $75
Portrait Session: $120
Retouched Session: $195

My hope is to find the perfect price point and keep it there, and this too, requires a learning curve to figure out at what price gives my client the most affordable portrait session while still compensating me for my time so that I can truly dedicate myself to each family's session as they deserve. I will offer specials and discounts to help out as well, based on my availability and schedule. When I have more time, I'd love to pass on the savings to you. Remember, my passion is to give you what I couldn't afford when my kids were babies. Thank you for your encouragements and support as I learn and grow into my new business!! Without you, I would not be here at all! So, if you have questions or concerns, let me know. I would love to find a way to work out a session for everyone.


Love & Blessings!


& Remember to FOCUS ON MOMENTS!!!   ..... Don't let them slip by

No comments: